We Made It!

After a grueling one week of training :) Myself and 3 friends rode 62 miles (a metric century) in the Little Red Riding Hood Race for the Cure. Participating in an athletic event is something I have always wanted to do but never had the guts. I always came up with many excuses why I couldn't race. Nancy, Sherry and Crickett didn't even give me a chance to find an excuse. Before I knew it I was signed up to spend half of a Saturday riding through beautiful farm country in Wellsville, UT. I am so glad I did this ride. We three amigos had a great time. We called ourselves Team Chatterbox because we didn't stop talking the whole time. We just took it easy and enjoyed ourselves.Above: Sherry (L) and Nancy. Me below at lunch. Check out the lady in the background scratching her butt!

Us at the finish line. My Aunt Lori and cousin Allison came to cheer me on at the finish line. Allison lives in nearby Smithfield. It was a total surprise. I loved it! I am so bummed I didn't get a picture taken with them. Thanks for the support Ladies!
Celebrating with our sparkling apple cider.
The after party at Nancy's gorgeous home. We sat in her sauna, swam in the pool, lounged in the hot tub and ate delicious food. What a great day. Anyone want to go for a ride?

9 comments:

Brandon and Tenille said...

Good for you whitney your amazing I still cant believe you did it but then again I do believe it your pretty amazing girl and seem to do whatever you set your mind to. It had to feel good to cross the finish line. Congrats you deserve to celebrate that one...

Sherrie said...

Yea! Way to go! You should be so proud of yourself. Fun pictures, and it sounded like such a fun day!

Megan Loves Life said...

I've been checking every time I get on the computer to see pictures of your big day, and then when I talked to you today, I forgot to mention it, duh! Congratulations you are one fit mama! That is amazing!

Leenz said...

Nice job! I'll go for a ride anytime...

Sid said...

looks so fun! I am jeolous! Cute hair too-

Somer Love said...

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!

jill said...

That is awesome that you were able to do that!! I saw that you have Drew and Laura on your friend blogs. My sister and her husband are good friends with them!

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! We miss you guys!

Jessica said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!