Sun, Sand, and Fun! Oh My!


Our family trip to Bonaire was great. The cousins had so much fun together. Dane was just in heaven with so many buddies to hang with and Ian loves all the attention he gets from everyone. Dustin and I would have gone insane if it wasn't for all the help we had with the boys. These are only a sampling of the pictures I took. I still need to get copies of everyone's elses. Unfortunatly we didn't have the best wind for sailing. We were able to sail the first two days of the trip and then it hardly blew the rest of the time. Saturday morning when we are packing up to go home the wind was howling so Bob, Carol and myself hit the beach for a couple of hours and had the best sailing of the trip. Thanks to my lovely husband who did all the packing and for Auntie Megs for watching the boys while Dustin did some kiteboarding. With the wind so low it was the perfect opportunity to let the little kids practice their skills with a sail. They all had a great time. Dane loved it and did really well for being the youngest kiddo out there. I will post a video if I can figure it out. One of the trip highlights was when our friend Kenneth (who works at the windsurf beach) took us to a really cool cave. Jackson and Dane founds some old bones from a dead goat and were conviced they were from a little kid. Nobody told them otherwise since we figured we could use it as a threat to leave them there if they were naughty. There were tons of hermit crabs too that the kids liked. They founds some pretty bigs one's too. After the cave Kenneth took us to this really neat swimming hole where the waves crash into it. The water was so clear and there were tons of little seashells all over it. It was fun to stand at the edge of the pool and wait for a big wave to crash over you. Well, I am sure to be boring you know so enjoy the pics. It is nice to be home again especially since if finally feels like summer here.

9 comments:

The Cliftens said...

That water is amazing!! I want you guys to adopt me so I can come on all your vacations with you. Let's do our sleep over soon!!

Megan Loves Life said...

Welcome Home! That place looks like the picture of paradise! I am jealous!

Meg said...

Wow! you are so fast about getting it on the blog already! Looks good. I copied a couple of you pics..I hope you don't mind :0)

Brandon and Tenille said...

I am so jealous it looks so pretty there and it looks like you all had a great time. Your kids are so dang cute and I cant believe how old dane is looking. What a cute family you should be so proud. We missed you guys and are glad your back for now. Hope you had a ball...

Sam and Jess said...

fun stuff. Bonaire looks amazing!! Let's get together soon with the kiddos. But I guess I'll see you on Thursday if not before.

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! That last pic you need to put on a christmas card...

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

You are such a babe! I am so jealous of all your exotic trips!!! You guys look like you had so much fun!

Nick, Steph and Chase Baby said...

Looks like a perfect trip. I'm very jealous! Whit you look beautiful!

gina said...

You guys go on the funnest trips!