Piano Recital

Dane, Daniel and Rebecca (our piano teacher)

Dane and Mommy after the recital

Dane playing a duet with Rebecca

Dane and I have been taking piano lessons for the last few months. Dane has done really well and seems to really enjoy the piano but sometimes getting him to practice is tough. He is motivated by money so for each really good practice he gets one quarter and for each really good lesson he gets two quarters. And by "good" I mean he has to sit, listen and practice without whining. He does a pretty good job, most of the time. Rebecca is really good at harnessing his energy by doing a little work on the piano and then fun exercises with other instruments and coloring. I took piano lessons for 9 years and begged my mom to let me quit when I was a senior in high school. I have regretted that decision every since. I really enjoy playing and find it a great mental release to sit down and practice each day. I prepared and played a piece for the recital but got so nervous that I made quite a few mistakes. Dane did awesome. We played a duet together with no mistakes. I was so proud of him.


8 comments:

LauraP said...

How fun that you both take piano lessons! I've been wanting to start playing again since I quit clear back in like 7th grade.

adrienne said...

Whitney...I am impressed! I told Nick that as soon as we had the space I wanted a piano and wanted to start lessons again.

Meg said...

I begged my mom to quit also, she finally gave in and I have also regretted it ever since! So, the moral is don't ever let Dane quit...even if he wants to! JK!

Meg said...

I begged my mom to quit also, she finally gave in and I have also regretted it ever since! So, the moral is don't ever let Dane quit...even if he wants to! JK!

Nick, Steph and Chase Baby said...

Way to go you two! Keep up the good work. Love ya

Megan Loves Life said...

Congratulations on your first recital! You are going to be one of those mom prodigy stories "I started taking piano when I was thirty and look at me now!" I regret quitting too. I wish I could at least play the hymns at church and teach my kids to play. I agree with Meg, you can't let Dane quit now!

Pessoa Fam said...

I am so impressed that you and Dane are taking piano lessons. I quit in junior high and have regreted ever since. Good job on the recital. I also think it is so cool if a guy can play the piano so don't ever let Dane quit. I am so excited to be doing the Wasatch Back with you in a couple months!

Jessica said...

I love a man who can play the piano. He is too cute, and I love the stepping stool.

And congrats on the tri. What an feat!