RAGE Tri - Finished!

L to R: Heidi Heckmann, Rosie, ME, Heidi Hughes
The Lake Mead RAGE Tri is complete! Whew! What a whirlwind weekend. (say that 5 times fast)
Thursday night we drove to St.George and spent the night with Hannah and Josh. Friday morning we drove to Las Vegas. Dustin and Dane went to Primm, NV to watch Best In the Desert Race stuff. (Dustin wasn't able to race his desert truck on Saturday because the motor blew up during a test run earlier in the week). Ian and I hung out on the Vegas strip with Steph, Katelyn and Courtney. We went to the Flamingo Hotel and walked through the gardens, the M&M store and spent way too much money on M&M's, and had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe where Ian was so scared of all the moving wild animal replicas that he had his hands covering his eyes most of the time. Then it was off to Lake Mead. We found our Hotel, unpacked, ate dinner and went to bed early. Saturday morning I was up early to race in the triathlon and the boys met me at the finish line. Then, after cleaning up we drove to our friends cabin between Bryce Canyon and Zions. We spent the night with them and then drove home Sunday afternoon. It was a lot of driving for the weekend. Luckily the boys all traveled well thanks to movies in the car!
Now I know you all want to hear about how the Triathlon went. Here it goes.
Swim: Worst half mile of my life! Did the breast stroke the whole way.
Bike: Fun and Fast
Run: Tolerable trail run with a huge side ache
Finish! 1 hours 49 minutes 54 seconds

5 comments:

Brandon and Tenille said...

Yay Whitney your amazing. Sounds like you all had a great time and did very well in your race. I tell people in the swim its not about how you get to the end but that you got to the end. I love the pic of you and all the girls you are all hot mammas thats for sure. So congrats you should be soooo proud of yourselfs I know I am, its definitely getting me excitted about our race..... I am glad to know I will have some pro runners on my team thats for sure not including me.....

Sid said...

I am so amazed! good job- i have my first triathalon coming up soon. and a duathalon in a couple weeks! i am scared! i suck at swimming! we'll see how it goes! good job!

Nick, Steph and Chase Baby said...

You're a super star! I can't beleive my Whitters is hanging out with all the girls from my High School. You all look great!

Meg said...

you're my hero!

Brett and Andrea Robinson said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! That is so awesome!