Kindergarten Graduation Celebration

I must admit that I am sad that Dane has to leave kindergarten and these two fabulous teachers and move on to first grade. He had the most fantastic year and progressed immensely. He developed great self esteem, and became a good reader. Rachel and Lonnie were great at recognizing Dane's strengths and really encouraged him in the areas he excels in but also challenged him in the areas he is weaker in. Dane is definitely prepared and ready for first grade. I know he will remember Lonnie and Rachel forever. No one forgets their Kindergarten teacher because they play a huge roll in your development.
One think about Rowland Hall is they know how to throw parties. We had 3 different Kindergarten Celebrations! A class water day, a whole school Color (field) Day, and a graduation party. Phew! They were all very fun though and I am grateful I was able to volunteer at all of them. It was fun to be involved and spend the time with Dane.
At the class water day we released the butterflies that the kids have been caring for and observing since the caterpillar stage. It was a symbolic event. These kids started as caterpillars with the butterflies and throughout the year they both grew until it was time to be released. The butterflies out into the world and the kindergartener's into first grader's.
I must admit that I shed a few tears.

0 comments: