A Havasu Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year we went to Lake Havasu with Matt, Jen and Cuzzy's as well as Jamen, Mandy, Abby and Brady. There were 14 of us in all! We rented a house in the the middle of nowhere and had a great time. We all became very thankful for running water that trip! The house is on a well system and we ran the well dry. We couldn't do dishes or shower and we took water from the pool to flush the toilets. Luckily a house up the street had not been rented and we carted our dirty dishes up there to wash and shower. We didn't let that little problem ruin our fun though!
The house had a pool and we mistakingly heated the hot tub as well as the pool to a wonderful 100 degrees! It was great!
Here are all the kids eating Thanksgiving dinner on the patio. Dane said it was a "weird" Thanksgiving because we had prime rib instead of turkey.
Friday we went boating in Lake Havasu. The water was cold but the air was warm. We had lunch and played on the beach. Brady and Jackson jumped in the water for $1!



I took my maiden voyage on a dirt bike this trip. It was way fun and I can't believe I haven't tried it before. I figure if my hubby and kids like to do it then I don't want to be left in the dust. Maybe I will have to ask Santa to bring me one!




We also took a trip to the local skate park for some white trash enjoyment. The kids were shocked to see young kids smoking! They all thought it was gross (thank goodness).
On Saturday night we went to the London Bridge to see the Christmas lights and Santa. We were too late for Santa but got a cute picture still.
(Brady, Abby, Skye, Izzy, Jackson, Dane, Zoe, Ian)


4 comments:

Nick, Steph and Chase Baby said...

Looks like an awesome trip. What a great way to spend Thanksgiving. Lets go together sometime :)

Meg said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. We sure missed our peeps on Thanksgiving though. We would have rather been with you guys :) Bytheway...what is on Dustin's face? Is that facial hair I see? I didn't know he could grow any...ha ha ha!!

ROSIE said...

Dirt Biker Chick!!!! I guess you got to fit in the boys :) Sounds like a good time.

Megan Loves Life said...

Awesome, biker chick!!