Our Holiday Weekend

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. We stayed home and managed to get some yard work done and have fun too.
Dustin was such a great sport and worked in the yard all day on the 4th to remove all the ugly lava rock from our flower beds. I have been bugging him to get it done for a month now. The whole time he was cursing the previous owners name because who is dumb enough to think that lava rock would be a great addition to any landscape?! Notice in the picture below that the weeds are taking over too. Another bad thing about lava rock is that my dogs pee and poop on it and in the heat of the day a nice urine/feces smell takes over the yard. Lovely huh? Oh, and Ian like to put the rocks in his mouth :(


Now we just have dirt and at this point dirt is way better than lava rock. After working all day we headed up to the Oakley Rodeo with some friends. The rodeo and fireworks were great way to celebrate Independence Day.

On Saturday the Snow's invited us up to Jordanelle Reservior for some boating. The kids had a blast jumping in the cool water and riding the tube.


On Sunday I had to work but Dustin took the boys to Utah Lake for some waterskiing with Buddy and Jed. Then we had fun in the mud. Dane and Ian were construction workers. I love it when they play together.


5 comments:

Brandon and Tenille said...

Yeah I am so glad you got those lava rocks taken away I remember you talking about how much you wanted dustin to hall those away so finally. Looks like you guys had a good weekend over all though. I love the picture of dustin and ian wow they look alot alike. And you win the mom of the year award for letting your boys play in the mud I am sure they loved it.

Sherrie said...

Man! You guys sure do 'play' a lot! But, you work hard, too, so you deserve it! I am so excited to see you all in a few days.... AND so excited NOT to see red rocks!!!

Kadee said...

We are so glad you guys came up to the lake! Paris loves playing with Dane:) Love all the pictures!

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Looks like you guys had an eventful weekend... Your boys are so cute...It has been so much fun to be able to see you so much lately. Tell Dustin HI! since I never see him. We should plan a trip to Bear Lake before the summer is over..

Megan Loves Life said...

What a fun toy! I love that they are just getting all muddy!